Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sydney Pollack dies at 73

Though I'm still digesting what has been said to this point in discussion on the previous posts, this even requires notice.

To say that an era of cinema is ending seems wrong. Several eras of cinema are ending all at once. Though I know my assessment comes at least in part from nostalgia, I will greatly miss this man's films. I consider him a fine director who strived for excellence and often achieved greatness. I to a significant degree, grew up on his films, but it is in recent years that I have revisited his work as director, producer, and actor with joy, intrigue, and sometimes amazement.
He was far more daring than his critics have recently noted.

The New York Times link.


http://somecamerunning.typepad.com/some_came_running/2008/05/sydney-pollack.html


I will post more as I find them.

No comments: